We love veggies. We also love “pick out suppers”, which is our family term for a mezze / meze platter. Veggie Skewers with GiNiT, cooked to smoky perfection on a griddle pan (or on a braai / BBQ) have become a firm favourite now.
Veggie Skewers with GiNiT
- 6 bamboo skewers – short and strong
- 6 even sized cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini / baby marrow – thinly sliced with a peeler
- 1 medium carrot – thinly sliced with a peeler
- 1 medium red onion – sliced into quarters
- 6 even sized medium button mushrooms – remove stem
- 6 even sized pieces of bell pepper – between 1/4 to 1/2 a bell pepper
- coconut oil / butter for frying or basting
- GiNiT Original / Chilli / Thyme as a finishing spice
- minced garlic – basted on skewers
- To Assemble:
- Thread a strip of carrot and zucchini / baby marrow onto a skewer, followed by a cherry tomato wrapped in a layer of red onion, then thread the carrot and zucchini / baby marrow on to complete the circle. Cut off excess carrot and zucchini / baby marrow. Repeat above steps to have 2 tomatoes per skewer on 3 skewers.
- Thread a layer of red onion onto a skewer, followed by a mushroom through the cap from side to side, then a piece of bell pepper. Repeat above steps to have 2 mushrooms per skewer on 3 skewers.
- This was our choice, but be creative and use the vegetables you enjoy most – if you can get them to stay on a skewer 🙂
- To Cook:
- Heat a griddle pan with coconut oil until hot, but not smoking. Fry the skewers on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Alternately, melt the coconut oil and mix in a minced clove of garlic and baste the skewers and braai / bbq over medium coals until cooked.
- Sprinkle your favourite GiNiT Spice over the top before serving.
GiNiT Chilli adding heat to the Gin & Tonic flavour profile, this spice works anywhere you would like to add some zing. The level of burn depends on how much you add to your dish.
If you haven’t indulged in buying yourself a bottle of GiNiT Chilli yet, you can always find one in our shop…
GiNiT Original the spice blend that started this journey. Gin & Tonic for your food – what a concept. This blend works on everything savoury we have paired it with. How about a twist? It tastes amazing on dark chocolate as a dessert topping!
If you don’t already have a bottle of our flagship product, you will find GiNiT Original in our shop…
GiNiT Thyme is a beautiful harmony between the dry and slightly minty note of Thyme, added to the flavour profile of a traditional Gin & Tonic. Try it on butternut, chicken, or in tomato based dishes… or let your imagination run wild.
If you have tried the other variants, but not the GiNiT Thyme, you can find a bottle in our online shop…