Veggie fries – delicious! It is not just humble potatoes that can curb your need for crunchy, tasty fries with GiNiT Sage, Original or Chilli. This can form part of an amazing mezze platter, snack or a side dish.
Veggie Fries with GiNiT Sage
- 2 large beetroot – peeled and cut julienne
- 2 large carrots – peeled and cut julienne
- 2 parsnips – peeled and cut julienne
- 2 sweet potato – peeled and cut julienne – personal preference is the yellow / orange flesh sweet potato (borrie patat)
- For each 500g of cut vegetables:
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil / butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Finishing Spice:
- GiNiT Sage / Original / Chilli
- To Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Once the vegetables are cut, toss in 1 Tbsp of melted coconut oil / butter and 1/2 tsp of salt for every 500g of cut vegetables. Place the chips / fries on the oven tray and allow a little space between chips for even cooking.
- To Cook:
- When the oven is up to temperature, place tray with chips on the second lowest rack in the oven for 15 minutes. Check for even cooking. If the chips are still very light on top, move the tray up to a higher rack for the last 5 to 10 minutes to crisp up.
- When the chips are the required crispiness, remove from the oven and sprinkle your favourite GiNiT Spice over the top, then serve.
GiNiT Sage is the blending of earthy Sage with the Gin & Tonic profile of GiNiT, creates a spice to use with roasted vegetables, stuffings, brown butter sauces, beef, pork, turkey and more…
If you don’t already have a bottle of this amazing spice, you can find GiNiT Sage in our shop.
GiNiT Original the spice blend that started this journey. Gin & Tonic for your food – what a concept. This blend works on everything savoury we have paired it with. How about a twist? It tastes amazing on dark chocolate as a dessert topping!
If you don’t already have a bottle of our flagship product, you will find GiNiT Original in our shop…
GiNiT Chilli adding heat to the Gin & Tonic flavour profile, this spice works anywhere you would like to add some zing. The level of burn depends on how much you add to your dish.
If you haven’t indulged in buying yourself a bottle of GiNiT Chilli yet, you can always find one in our shop…