Winter Minestrone Soup with GiNiT Thyme
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil for frying - neutral taste
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 3 carrots cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium leek sliced
- 1 turnip / parsnip / daikon radish peeled and cubed
- 2 large potatoes diced
- 750 ml vegetable stock / broth
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans / cannelloni beans / black eyed beans drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp GiNiT Thyme
- To Cook:
- In a large pot, melt the oil over a medium high heat. Fry celery, carrot, onion and garlic in hot oil for 7-10 minutes. Add potatoes, turnip and leek, fry off for 5 minutes, stirring. Add tomatoes and 2/3 tin beans, salt, pepper and 500ml stock. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend remaining 1/3 can beans, 250ml stock and GiNiT Thyme with a stick blender. When potato is almost tender, add blended stock mixture and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Check potatoes and turnip for tenderness, and adjust seasoning, if required. Serve.
Serving suggestion: This warm, hearty soup is comfort food at its best. We enjoyed our Minestrone with gluten free mini buns. Optional: Parmesan cheese could be a tasty addition. Crockery supplied by: Bomkisi