Leek & Potato Soup with GiNiT Dill
Leek & Potato Soup with GiNiT Dill - warming, comfort food at its best on a chilly day.
- 2 medium to large potatoes peeled, quartered & boiled until just cooked - can use previously boiled potatoes.
- 3 medium leeks sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter / oil for frying
- 250 ml milk or vegan alternative
- 250 ml water
- 2 tsp GiNiT Dill
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste, if required
- To Cook:
- Peel, quarter & boil the potatoes in salted water until just cooked. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Slice the leeks and fry in butter or oil until they start to brown. Reserve a spoonful or two of the cooked leek for garnish. Add boiled potatoes and fry for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Add the water and milk of your choice, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and allow to simmer until the liquid has reduced by a third to half.
- Remove from the heat and blend with an immersion / stick blender until smooth.
- Add the GiNiT Dill and 1 tsp salt, mix well.
- Return to the heat and warm through, adjust seasoning if required. Serve - topped with the leeks set aside for garnish.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy as is, or with a slice of freshly baked bread.