Hummus with GiNiT Chilli
- 1 can chickpeas / garbanzo beans or home cooked equivalent - strain off liquid (aquafaba) into a jug for use in blending
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice - or more to taste
- 2 tsp GiNiT Chilli
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup 60ml tahini - adds additional depth of flavour and nutty notes
- To Prepare:
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Use as much of the chickpea liquid (aquafaba) as needed to make a good dipping consistency.
Serving Suggestion: Hummus is great as a dip or a spread on a mezze platter, in a wrap or burger. Note: If the skins / membranes of the chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are removed before blending, a smoother product will result. Tahini is a traditional ingredient in hummus, but it is not often a pantry item; it is however, a fantastic inclusion in hummus. For a milder hummus, chickpeas (garbanzo beans) can be substituted with butter beans or black eyed beans.