GiNiT Thyme Chicken Schnitzel
GiNiT Thyme Chicken Schnitzel every bite is delicious. This is quick weeknight supper as is, or slice up the chicken and make chicken strips - either way is fantastic.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tsp GiNiT Thyme
- 2 Tbsp gluten free all purpose flour or wheat flour
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- Crumbs to coat
- To tenderise:
- Cut the chicken breast in half and place in a bag or cover with cling film. Flatten with a meat mallet to an even thickness. Do the same to the other piece of chicken. Evenly sprinkle half a teaspoon of GiNiT Thyme on each side of the chicken pieces, rub in. Place on a plate covered with clingfilm and leave to rest/marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the breading ingredients:
- On one plate / flat container, mix the flour and salt together. In the next container place the beaten egg. In the third, place the crumbs.
- After 30 minutes, dip one piece of chicken at a time into the flour – coating on all sides. Then dip into the egg to coat all over, let excess egg drip off before placing in the container with the crumbs. Coat evenly and set aside. Repeat the steps for second piece of chicken.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Fry each piece of chicken for 3-4 minutes a side, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
Serving suggestion: We served our tasty schnitzel with golden potato chips and baby gem squash filled with creamy spinach & feta.