GiNiT Tarragon Mushroom Soup
- 1 punnet mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp butter / oil for frying
- 250 ml milk / vegan alternative
- 250 ml water
- 2 tsp GiNiT Tarragon
- salt - if required
- To Cook:
- Peel and slice onion and garlic. Fry in butter / oil over medium heat.
- Slice the mushrooms thinly and set aside roughly 1 - 2 mushrooms worth to fry on their own for garnish. Add the remainder of the mushrooms to the onion and garlic, fry until all is golden.
- Add the milk and water along with the GiNiT Tarragon to the sauteed ingredients, mix well. Bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer slowly to reduce liquid by roughly a third.Garnish: Fry the mushrooms you set aside in butter while the soup is cooking until crispy.
- Remove from the heat and blend with an immersion / stick blender until smooth.
- Return to the heat and warm through. Adjust seasoning, if required. Serve with crispy mushrooms as garnish.
Serving suggestion: We served ours garnished with crispy fried mushrooms. Note: We used button mushrooms, but any mushrooms would work with this.