GiNiT Dill Sesame Crust Fish Cakes
GiNiT Dill Sesame Crust Fish Cakes can be made with fresh ingredients (cooking time is a bit longer) or leftovers. Either way, it was an enjoyable meal.
- 1 large potato pre-cooked in salty water / leftover
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 150 g pre-cooked fish baked & sprinkled with GiNiT Dill
- 2 tsp GiNiT Dill
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour gluten free or wheat
- black and white sesame seeds to crust
- Oil for frying
- Mash the warm cooked potato. Flake the cooked fish and combine with potato.
- Finely slice spring onion and add to the fish mixture along with the GiNiT Dill, salt and flour. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture and form the fish cakes. (We made 6 medium fish cakes.)
- Cover with mixed sesame seeds. Set aside to rest in the fridge until chilled through.
- Fry in shallow oil until golden on both sides.
Serving suggestion: We served our hake fish cakes with GiNiT Dill & fresh dill yoghurt, chips and a side salad. Note: Any type of fish can be used. This will also work with leftover boneless fish and mashed potato. The fish cakes are easiest to cook when thoroughly chilled.