GiNiT Chilli Roast Potatoes
GiNiT Chilli Roast Potatoes can be a vegan main or a vegetable side dish with other items. If you love the heat of chilli, this one is for you.
- 1 kg baby potatoes quartered with skins on
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 medium zucchini / baby marrow diced
- 1 medium bell pepper deseeded and diced
- Optional: 1 chilli or more deseeded and finely sliced
- 1½ Tbsp GiNiT Chilli
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil neutral taste, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C
- To Cook:
- Place all chopped veggies in a large mixing bowl. Combine the melted coconut oil, garlic, GiNiT Chilli and sliced chilli (if using). Pour the oil and spice mixture over the veggies and toss / stir to coat evenly.
- Spoon into an oven-safe casserole dish. Cover with lid or foil and place in the preheated oven. Cook covered for 15 minutes. Remove lid or foil, stir and return to the oven uncovered, for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir and check the potatoes are cooked through and browning. Test seasoning and add additional, if required. Return to oven, if a longer cooking time is required.
Serving suggestion: We served this tasty, and very filling, GiNiT Chilli Roast Potatoes as a vegan main with black olive tapenade and fresh coriander dressing. Serves 3 – 4 as a main meal, or more as a side dish.