Baba Ganoush / Baba Ghanoush with GiNiT Original or GiNiT Sage
The rich creamy aubergine paired with GiNiT Original or GiNiT Sage is always a treat.
- +-200g eggplant / aubergine - sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 1 - 2 Tbsp lemon juice - to taste
- 1 tsp GiNiT Original
- 1 -2 Tbsp tahini - adds additional depth of flavour and nutty notes
- To Prepare:
- Once your aubergine is sliced 1cm thick, pan roast in coconut oil. Add a sprinkling of salt, until cook until soft and deep golden brown.
- Once the eggplant / aubergine is cooked and cooled slightly, place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth, creamy texture is achieved. Taste and adjust seasoning, if required.
Serving Suggestion: Baba Ganoush is great as a dip or a spread on a mezze platter, in a wrap or burger. This recipe, without the tahini, was mildly sweet with rich deep earthy notes. Note: Tahini is a traditional ingredient in Baba Ganoush, but it is not often a pantry item; it is however, a fantastic inclusion in this recipe. GiNiT Sage would work equally well with this recipe.