Tapenade with GiNiT Thyme
Makes 1 bowl
- 200 g pitted black olives - drained and rinsed in cool water to remove excess salt
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice - or more to taste
- 2 tsp GiNiT Thyme
- After draining the brine off olives, rinse well in cool water to remove excess salt and drain. Place olives and other ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until the olives are cut into small pieces, or smooth - personal preference prevails.
Serving Suggestion: Tapenade - such a beautiful accompaniment. It is great as a dip on a mezze platter, over baked potatoes with a spoon of sour cream / thick yoghurt or anywhere you need the rich saltiness of olives. Note: Tapenade traditionally makes use of capers and anchovies. In all the years we have made tapenade, we have not ever harmed a caper or an anchovy in the making thereof. 🙂 Often times, rosemary is also included in tapenade, but due to our GiNiT Spices containing juniper, which has similar piney notes, we omit the rosemary from our tapenade.