This tasty beef roast combining GiNiT Original with two types of mustard, works so well for a Sunday lunch. We served ours with roast potatoes, caramelised onion and julienne carrots cooked with cinnamon sugar.
GiNiT Original and Mustard Beef Roast
- Casserole dish (with a lid) / roasting pan
- 1.1 kg Beef – we used a strip loin roast
- 1 Tbsp GiNiT Original
- 1 Tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Onion – finely chopped Optional – if making gravy
- Butter a casserole dish (with a lid) / roasting pan and set aside.
- Trim the roast, if required. In a small bowl combine the GiNiT Original, and both mustards. Rub the mustard and spice mix all over the roast and place in casserole dish and cover.
- Please Note: Personal preference will determine how long you cook the roast. The most accurate way to know if the roast has reached the correct internal temperature is with a meat thermometer. For a medium roast, the temperature should read in the low 60˚C when removed from the oven, as residual heat will continue to cook the roast while it rests. Internal temperature is far more accurate than a cooking time as the size and shape of the roasts will vary.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid and return to the oven for 30 minutes. Test the temperature. Remove the roast from the dish, turn it over and place on the lid of the dish – retain the liquid in the dish to make gravy. Return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes. Test the temperature again, to see if it has reached the correct cooking temperature, if not, return to the oven and test periodically.
- Optional: Gravy: Finely chop a medium onion and fry in butter until golden on medium heat. Add the cooking liquid from the roast and bring to the boil. Use the thickening agent of your choice to thicken the gravy. Taste and adjust seasoning.
GiNiT Original the spice blend that started this journey. Gin & Tonic for your food – what a concept. This blend works on everything savoury we have paired it with. How about a twist? It tastes amazing on dark chocolate as a dessert topping!
If you don’t already have a bottle of our flagship product, you will find GiNiT Original in our shop…