Frittata with GiNiT Sage, a hearty breakfast / brunch or a simple supper. Sage and eggs are a match for taste-bud heaven, then you add the complexity of the Gin & Tonic profile to the mix and it becomes a family favourite.
Frittata with GiNiT Sage
- 1 medium onion halved and thinly sliced
- 2 small cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 3 medium mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato cubed
- ¼ bell pepper sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter / oil for frying
- 5 eggs beaten
- 80 ml milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp GiNiT Sage
- Optional: 1 small chilli sliced
- 1 round / stick feta crumbled
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
- To Cook:
- Beat together the eggs, milk, GiNiT Sage and chilli (if using), set aside until the veggies are cooked.
- Put the oven shelf at the highest position that will accommodate your oven-safe frying pan or cast iron skillet, preheat the grill to 180˚C.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or oven-safe frying pan with the butter over medium heat. Add onions, sauté until light golden. Add garlic and mushrooms, stir to combine and cook for 2 -3 minutes. Add the tomato and bell pepper, cook for additional 2-3 minutes, stirring to ensure even cooking. Flatten the ingredients out evenly in the pan and pour over the egg mixture, sprinkle over the feta and mozzarella cheese. Turn the heat to low. When you see the egg setting at the edge of the pan, turn off the heat, and place the pan under the griller. Cook until cheese starts to brown and the egg is fully set. If required, move the pan to ensure even browning of the frittata.
GiNiT Sage is the blending of earthy Sage with the Gin & Tonic profile of GiNiT, creates a spice to use with roasted vegetables, stuffings, brown butter sauces, beef, pork, turkey and more…
If you don’t already have a bottle of this amazing spice, you can find GiNiT Sage in our shop.