Filled Baby Butternut with GiNiT Tarragon
- 1 baby butternut +-300g, halved, de-seeded and steamed / boiled until just soft
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 1 small courgette / zucchini / baby marrow finely chopped
- 3 large button mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp butter / oil for frying (or more if needed)
- 1 tsp GiNiT Tarragon
- salt to taste if required
- 2 large button mushrooms finely sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp butter / oil for frying
- To Cook:
- Wash, halve and de-seed the butternut, steam or boil until just soft. (+-30 minutes)
- Fry the onion, courgette and finely chopped mushrooms over medium high heat until golden and cooked through. Turn off heat and set aside. Scoop out some of the soft butternut flesh (be sure to leave leave a good layer of butternut in the skin), and place it in the pot with the cooked onion mixture, add the GiNiT Tarragon and mix everything together well. Taste and adjust seasoning to required. Spoon the mixture from the pot into the halved butternut equally. Bake at 180 degrees Celcius in the oven or an air-fryer to heat everything thoroughly. (+-15 minutes)
- Topping: while heating the butternut, fry off the thinly sliced mushrooms until brown and crispy over medium heat. Place on top of filled butternut halves before serving.
GiNiT Tarragon combines the flavour profile of Gin & Tonic with Tarragon, a bold licorice / anise flavour, that pairs so well with vegetable dishes, salad dressings, fish, butter sauces and more.
If you would like to try our bold GiNiT Tarragon, you can find it in our shop…